I was able to finish the primary decoration in the new baby's room over the weekend. I liked the idea of the tree but refused to pay for the expensive decals so decided to do it myself. I gathered a few tree pictures, borrowed the projector from work and sketched on the tree. After painting the tree, I had Tom and Alyssa cut out scrapbook paper for the leaves in shades and patterns of pink and yellow. I used modge podge to glue the paper to the wall and then bravely put the modge podge over the entire piece. (it goes on all white and dries clear) I had never done that before so I was hoping it would work. Tom was skeptical in the beginning but says it looks great too. Im happy with it. A few more items in the room and we should be set to go.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Baby's room decorations
I was able to finish the primary decoration in the new baby's room over the weekend. I liked the idea of the tree but refused to pay for the expensive decals so decided to do it myself. I gathered a few tree pictures, borrowed the projector from work and sketched on the tree. After painting the tree, I had Tom and Alyssa cut out scrapbook paper for the leaves in shades and patterns of pink and yellow. I used modge podge to glue the paper to the wall and then bravely put the modge podge over the entire piece. (it goes on all white and dries clear) I had never done that before so I was hoping it would work. Tom was skeptical in the beginning but says it looks great too. Im happy with it. A few more items in the room and we should be set to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment