Welcome Nathan Thomas Novacky, born on Friday, September 19th at 9:06 pm. He weighed 8lbs 5.5 oz and was 20-1/2 inches. Nate has blue eyes like his dad and Alyssa, light brown hair and chubby cheeks.
We were induced early Friday morning with drugs to start contractions. I was still dialated at a zero still at noon. By 2:00 I was finally at a .5 so they were able to break my water. I opted for an epidural shortly after. By 5:00 I was at a 5 so we were making some progress but it was taking some time. Tom and I were totally bored waiting around. He emailed and text family and friends to give them the status most of the day. I took a few naps after my soap operas were done.
I figured the epidural had started to wear off around 6:30 when after pushing the button four times nothing changed and I was able to move my legs around more easily. They checked and surprise I was at a 10 and starting heavy labor. Luckily we had time to get more drugs.
After 2 hours of pushing, Nathan finally made his way. With just a few scrapes on his cone head, he was in perfect condition. Great coloring and a big set of lungs.
My family was in the waiting room to hear the news from Tom. They were all excited to come in to check him out. Alyssa wanted him to come home that night but we opted to stay of course. After a long day we could all use some sleep.
The rest of the stay at the hospital was pretty easy. I was able to get up and walk around by the next morning and Nate was doing super.
No comments:
Post a Comment