It wasn't as hard as I thought but I had help. Tom stayed home a few days and Mom and Dad came to help out as well. Most of the first week we tried to get his routine figured out, how much to feed him, how long he would sleep during the day and night.
Nate is definitely growing. He has outgrown the newborn onesies and is now in the 3 month outfits. Forget about covering his feet, he kicks the covers off every chance he gets. He prefers to sleep with the bare minimum, hands up like a touchdown when he is deep asleep. Nate has been sleeping very good at night, typically for 4 hour stretches. He takes a good 2 hour nap in the afternoon as well. I'm looking forward to joining him for a nap everyday as well.
We had our first doctors appt. Nate was given a clean bill of health. He had already gained his weight back. I knew my "little porkchop" would likely hit that target. He is a very good eater!
We had our first doctors appt. Nate was given a clean bill of health. He had already gained his weight back. I knew my "little porkchop" would likely hit that target. He is a very good eater!
We also had our first bath. Nate was a bit skeptic at first but enjoyed it once he figured out that it included a shampoo and a lotion massage. Typical, once we got back to his room to put on his outfit for the day, he sprayed all over the place, including all over himself. We had to start all over.
Alyssa also was able to help out for her first dirty diaper duty. She decided to observe the first one and help to keep Nate entertained while I did the dirty work. Nate enjoys sitting with her on the couch and watching tv or playing under his activity mat.
No comments:
Post a Comment